Thursday, May 12, 2011

More Flowers. More Bugs.

On my way back from town this morning, I stopped to take a couple of pictures.

The Trilliums are out and they look amazing!! They are always so noticeable in the woods and by the side of the road.

And when I got out to take this picture, I noticed a patch of violets are starting to bloom as well.

So nice to have the touch of colour against all those dead brown leaves.

When I got back in the car, I noticed a swarm of mosquitoes (not sure what the correct collective noun would be) around my side mirror. None of them managed to get me yet, but I know it's just a matter of time.

Someone sent me an email this week that suggested carrying a spray bottle of Listerine to stop them in their tracks. I guess it's worth a try.

1 comment:

  1. Nice little violets...Such a nice spectacle to see plants come to life...Love it...

    ReplyDelete