Sunday, January 22, 2012

First Snowmobiles on the Lake

We've had lots of snow this week and pretty cold temps so I figured it wouldn't be too long before the first snowmobiles would be on the lake. The first four went by about half an hour ago. Hopefully it's safe out there for them.  Once we have seen lots of them, we know it's safe for skiing and venture out.

Thursday was the first time I can remember white out conditions driving back from town. Here is a picture I took from inside the car. Luckily, I didn't encounter any other vehicles on my way in.


That night, after the storm, the lights along the deck railing looked like a million paper lanterns, so I took this shot.


Yesterday, it snowed again - the largest flakes I have seen in ages. So large, that I actually was able to take a picture of them falling.


The snow removal on the road continues to boggle the mind - they are here as soon as you even think there is enough snowfall. It's amazing!

So far, the driving has been ok - at least for us. Not so for the two pick up trucks who managed to go off the road, both on the first turn past the transfer station.

No comments:

Post a Comment