Thursday, April 19, 2012

Spring is Sprouting Everywhere

On our walk this afternoon, there were so many signs of spring, I snapped a few to share.


 There is a definite green cast to the woods as you walk along, mostly due to all these buds, I think.


These freckled leaves are everywhere and I am pretty sure they are Dog Tooth Violets, which I used to pick in bunches for my mom when I was growing up in NB


First perfect dandelion - what would spring be without them!


 Sure enough - they ARE Dog Tooth Violets - finally found one!!


Even the Trilliums are coming up - by the middle of next week, I'm pretty sure the woods will be peppered (or should I say salted) with them.

It's so much fun to walk and see the changes each day.

Oh, and the loons are here - or at least one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment