Monday, September 17, 2012

Another Summer Mostly Done

And what a summer it was!! For those of you who spent time here, you know that the weather was incredible. Those endless hot days were wonderful for swimming, but not so great for the lake and the flora on the rocks. I hope all the trees that turned prematurely at the end of July come back again next year.

The lake level is the lowest that we remember in the 20 years that we have been here. Thank heavens for a few good rains in September, but we will need a lot more - plus a lot of snow this winter to get us back up to where we should be.

The September rhythm has begun with days that go up into the low 20's and then down to perfect sleeping temperatures in the night. The water temperature is still around 20, which is where it has been since the middle of August. The brave and hearty are still venturing in.

I have some incredible photos to share that were taken by one of the lake cottager's sons. He gave me permission to post them, so I am thrilled to be able to put them in my blog. I think he has a gift, which I wish I did. Thank you James for sharing.






Now that the fall is here, and you aren't, I will probably post more frequently. It seems redundant to do so when you are here seeing everything I do. And now that you have seen these shots, I will have to raise the bar on my photography, for sure.

Enjoy the fall. I'm sure before we know it, the foliage will be very colourful and definitely worth sharing.





No comments:

Post a Comment