Thursday, November 28, 2013

The Ice Man Cometh

Wow, hard to believe I haven't posted in nearly two months. But I guess that's because things have been relatively boring up here lately. You know how November is. Once the leaves are down, it's just a matter of time before the white stuff follows.

We have had to shovel once so far. Not a lot, but being married to someone who likes a clear driveway can be a bit frustrating. And now Lurch (our overly-macho snowblower) is in for a tune up. Seems someone was nesting in the bag.

Anyway, this morning when I got up, here is what I saw and photographed. It was the coldest night yet, so not surprising the first skim of ice is on the bay. It may not last, since the sun is shining, but it's the beginning.

The lake that Trailside is on (I can never remember the name) has had ice and snow for over a week now, but ours has been clear and still is in the channel. We always seem to be the last to freeze.


And I took a few snaps through different windows to remind you what snow looks like up here.




So hopefully your boats are all out and the lines are drained. Maybe this year, we'll have a lake we can actually skate, ski, walk on.

I will keep you posted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment