Monday, November 10, 2014

The Flakes are Falling

It's another grey afternoon and as I stare out the window, I realize that I missed my post about the first snowfall - that happened on Hallowe'en. In the 20+ years that we have been coming here and living here, that is the earliest yet. Previous record was November 5th. Not a good sign.

Here are some pictures I took out the windows on the morning after that first snowfall. Once again, the leaves and snow are fighting for real estate. We never seem to get that final clean up done before the white stuff falls. Oh well....




It has been snowing on and off since then, but mostly not staying. However, as I returned from a workshop in the GTA this past weekend, this is what James Bay Junction Road looked like.


Snow tires are on the truck and the car will get them on Wednesday. I think the forecast is for about 15 cm here, so tis the season for the good tires. Rumour has it that we are in for another winter like last year's. I hope they are as wrong as they have been about most other weather forecasting.

But like it or not, winter is coming. It is as inevitable as people leaving after Labour Day. It will happen whether you want it to or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment