Saturday, January 15, 2011

Snowy Saturday.

A busy morning kept me from posting earlier, but I do have some pics to share.

It is snowing here - and from my conference meeting this morning it seems to be snowing just about everywhere in the province.

When I took the pictures this morning, I tried to capture the little snowdrift forming on the deck, but I didn't quite get it.  Nor could I capture the wind that was creating the little drifts.



This is the little snowdrift forming. The wind gets caught between the two log walls and dances around in circles, which creates the little drifts. In the fall, you can watch the leaves dance in circles for hours.


This afternoon, I looked out the window and saw these tracks. At first I thought they were Rick's, because they're pretty large, but he hasn't been down there since the snow fell. So we must have had a nocturnal visitor. I wonder if Morris (our guard moose) has a new friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment