Friday, March 25, 2011

Ducks at the Portage

On our walk this afternoon, we heard - and then saw - two mallards on the Otter Lake side of the portage.

Unfortunately, my camera battery was dead, so I couldn't get my own pictures today. However, here is a shot I found that looks the same - except this one has more snow.


I'm not sure if this is a sign of spring or not (based on how many winter duck shots there were), but at this point, we will take anything remotely spring-like.

The past few days - and a few going forward - are sunny but very chilly. But somehow, despite the highs of only -6, that strong sunshine still manages to turn the road to muck every day. We suspect the ice will be later leaving us this year.

There is no doubt that the longer days are very welcome. And the ongoing sunshine is a real boost.

My battery is charging as we speak, so I will have shots to share next post.

2 comments:

  1. This picture is beautiful, Wendie...I wish I could use it as a background on my screen...I also love your background for your blog..where did you find it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure hope you don't mind that I have the same background on my blog, too..thanks to you...

    ReplyDelete