Saturday, March 5, 2011

It's Raining, It's Sleeting, It's Snowing.

Somehow the first week of March has marched by and I didn't post at all. It was a week that had mainly sunny mornings and good strong sunshine that melted a lot more snow. Yesterday, while I was driving in and out of rain in Toronto, we got a couple of centimetres of snow here.


This morning, it's been a patchwork quilt of precipitation.  At 7:15, I awoke to the sound of rain which I'd been hearing through the night. Virtually all the snow was gone from the deck.


It's hard to take a picture of rain, but you can see the droplets on the barbecue cover. And you can see the bare deck.


The driveway shows our tracks from last night and the rain got rid of nearly everything there as well.

By 7:45, it had turned to a wet sleet and by 8:00, a light snow. At 8:33, as I write this - big fluffy flakes.

I'm sure it will go back to rain again, later in the day, but whatever it does, it's not pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment