Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Fall Foliage Update

Well, in my humble opinion, we are not yet at the peak of colour. At least not in some areas. It's odd that one travelway will have great colour and another seems to be weeks behind.

There are some patches of good colour like this, which is along Salmon Lake Road.


And then, just a little further down the same road it looks like this (excuse the car in the shot).


I'm not good at math, but I still don't think the leaves are at 50% colour yet. I am shocked at how much green there still is. Some trees haven't started to turn at all. The birches went first, with their yellow hues.

Here are a couple of pictures of the bay - again, one side further ahead than the other.



The one thing that is pretty consistent from what we've seen is that the pines are dropping needles like crazy this year. We can hardly see our stone path now.


So I am guessing that we either aren't getting the glorious colours this year, or they are still a bit away.

Here's a sumach shot I took a few days ago, and again you can see a lot of green in there with the luscious red. But I will keep checking and posting.


Today is a magnificent day here with bright sunshine and very "fall-ish" light. But a wonderful change from the steady downpour yesterday. And the first semi-dark morning. Yuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment